Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Is Where We Are Now



I moved to London in 1998 to go to King's for university. I have lived in Kensington, Stratford, Bow, Wapping, West Ham, Greenwich, Dalston, Barnes, Wanstead and Woolwich. I have briefly lived in other places, but for the most part I have lived here. And slowly, over the years, my love for this city has waned.

I pine to move away, and while that may eventually happen it won't happen quite yet. So what to do? Continue to be irritated and consumed with anger every day, seeing only the dirty and busy and congested? Hmmm, sounds appealing, doesn't it? Or try to focus on the things that are beautiful and interesting and unique and lovely that London has to offer in an attempt to fall back in love with this city? Yes, that sounds better. Let's give that a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment